Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can my laptop play the new Skyrim game?

Elder Scrolls Skyrim System requirements:



Minimum Specs

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)

Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor

2GB System RAM

6GB free HDD Space

Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM

DirectX compatible sound card

2GB System RAM

6GB free HDD Space

Direct X 9 compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM



My computer details (i hope this is all the info i need to provide)



Windows 7 (64bit system)

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-42

CPU Speed: 1.6 GHz

RAM: 2.7 GB (usable at the moment)

320HDD GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Video Ram 1.4 GB)

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Free Disk Space: 359.1 GB

DVD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT31N ATA Device

I have DirectX version 11.0



I went to the systemrequirementslab website and it said my CPU speed failed. But does 1.4GHz difference matter that much? Can i play on low setting or should i not even bother?Can my laptop play the new Skyrim game?
yes, 1.4Ghz is a big difference.You would probably be able to play it, but it would be very laggy even on low settings. My suggestion: get it for xbox 360 or ps3 (if you have one)Can my laptop play the new Skyrim game?
You shud be able to play it at the lowest settings but even then you'd suffer from crappy graphics and a lot of lag. Better give it a pass.Can my laptop play the new Skyrim game?
Slow CPU speed

The RAM would suffice... but you really want at least 4G of RAM for optimal performance

Video card is not nearly good enough
I really really doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment