Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How to recover Skyrim saved game?

I was playing Skyrim 2 days ago and all my saved games were there. Today when I tried playing, all my data was gone. Apparently, my Windows 7 didn't download correctly and is a piece of sh*t so everything I have in my saved games are gone. Please help me. I have about 70 hrs in the game and it would really suck to have to get everything back again. This is on PCHow to recover Skyrim saved game?
Go to C:\Users\{User name}\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves. If the folder still exists your save files should be in there. The skyrim save files have an extension of *.ess. If they are there copy them to another folder and delete the initial folder. Then uninstall the game, reinstall it and create a new game. Save it and quit the game. Copy your saves into the folder provided above.How to recover Skyrim saved game?
I'm not sure exactly what u did. U say your Windows install was faulty...did u re-install Windows? If so, your saves will be archived to another directory in the Documents and Settings folder...(something like "YOUR USER NAME.old" maybe).



Browse those backup directories and copy over the saves to your "C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\" folder.



If u cannot find any of the saves, try checking the "Recycle Bin". If they got deleted somehow, they may have been saved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment