Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do I have to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to play Skyrim?

Everyone is telling me to get it, but I really want to have more knowledge on the background.Do I have to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to play Skyrim?
no you don't. skyrim is in a completely different area of tamriel with an entirely new story line that doesn't need any background information from previous elder scrolls games. just create your character and enjoy playing =)

although the other elder scrolls games are very fun as well so you might still want to play them =P
I would suggest playing Morrowind, although certainly not required to enjoy Skyrim.



The series peaked at Morrowind. The game was conceptually amazing in every aspect. The game play was actually leaps and bounds above Skyrim, although it certainly is not as pretty.



Since Morrowind they have been dumbing the games down for casuals.Do I have to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to play Skyrim?
No, although there are some references made to other games within skyrim, they are just easter eggs.

Skyrim is the first one in the series I have played, and I enjoy it a lot (60hrs worth :-).)
No.



This question gets asked a lot. But although all the Elder Scrolls games are tied together, each one is a stand-alone game which requires no knowledge of previous games for it to be played.Do I have to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to play Skyrim?
No, the story is independent of the other games, from what I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment