Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Do I need the previous Elder Scrolls games in order to play Skyrim?

I am interested in getting the Skyrim game. After hanging out with some friends, I got to see the game and I am extremely intrigued by it. From what I understand, there were several games from the Elder Scrolls series that came before, such as Morrowwind and Oblivion.



My questions are as follows:



-Do I need to play the previous games in order to enjoy Skyrim?

-If I do not "need" to play the previous games, is it recommended at the very least? Or are the games stand alones?

-Does anyone know if the PC version is worth playing, or is the XBOX version the only worthwhile way to play?Do I need the previous Elder Scrolls games in order to play Skyrim?
Well, I played from Morrowind through Skyrim. I have almost 16 hours of gameplay on Skyrim already and nothing even minor has appeared in Skyrim branched from previous games. Bethesda (the games creator) has a good mind about not making games dependent on themselves. Unless you are truly nerdy and want to know everything about the Elder Scrolls, you won't miss out on anything if you just start at Skyrim.



*Although they do mention a place called Tamriel a lot. If you hear Tamriel, it is basically the continent Skyrim is on. Imagine Tamriel the U.S. and Skyrim a state, if you will.
1) no

2) It's not recommended, but they are good games to play anyway..

3) PC is probably better, but I have it on the PS3 and it's really good. Xbox is definitely not the only "worthwhile" way to play.Do I need the previous Elder Scrolls games in order to play Skyrim?
As far as I know they are more stand alones. I havent played any of the other Elder Scrolls but have been told that I HAVE to play Skyrim. And what do you mean if the PC version is worth playing? They should be all the same game, 360, PC, or PS3.
No you don't have to play the others to enjoy skyrim. I've only played morrowind i'm thinking of getting Skyrim on pc soon it looks like a good game.Do I need the previous Elder Scrolls games in order to play Skyrim?
You dont NEED to know about the last games but you might get lost with all the Lore. also, xbox is more platform friendly but if you are into mods (which are really cool) then pc is for you.
no its not compulsory but it is good to have SOME knowledge of the history and personally i like the PC ver
Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment