Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How do I add "Mods" to my Elder Scrolls 'Skyrim' Game (PC)?

I recently bought the Elder Scrolls Skyrim game for the PC and awhile I love the game so far I know there are already some pretty good mods out that I'd like to use. My trouble is that I'm just not as 'computer literate' as some. I was able to use a few while playing Oblivion like the Drake Armor which was pretty cool. Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!How do I add "Mods" to my Elder Scrolls 'Skyrim' Game (PC)?
Most mods will have instructions on how to install them. But all mods will be loaded to your "skyrim\data\" folder. Currently most of the mods make use of texture changes, so they would be placed in the "skyrim\data\textures\" folder with varying subfolders. Usually u can copy the "texture" folder of the mod directly to the "data" folder of your Skyrim install and it works fine.



When more mods are made there will be other folders and ".esp" files which will be placed in the "data" folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment