Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Skyrim, how do i play with a different character/save withouth losing my first one?

So, i finished the mainquest on my main character bu now i wana try something different. i wanna try playing the game with other skills, other race but how do i do tis withouth losing my previous character?On Skyrim, how do i play with a different character/save withouth losing my first one?
Manually Save, Don't rely just on the auto save
Do a manual save, i don't play it that often on the console, so you could just open the PC console and type in "save %26lt;Name%26gt;" for a custom save, just don't overwrite it.



By the way, if you want spaces in the save name (Like "save John Doe") you'll need the quotations, if it's just "save John" you won't need them.On Skyrim, how do i play with a different character/save withouth losing my first one?
Start a new save file. It won't overwrite your current game. New autosaves will take over your old ones though, but that won't matter since you've got your first game saved on a permanent slot.



Make sure that every time you save the new game, you overwrite your last save in that slot, not your old game's slot.
I play on the PS3. Personally, I would setup another username and ID and use that user to play a different character. Then you know you won't accidentally save over your other character.On Skyrim, how do i play with a different character/save withouth losing my first one?
The odds are if you start a new character you will accidentally save over the old one and then your doomed I would just continue with the character you have until you feel like actually starting over with a new character.
Make a saved game with your main character.

Then make a new character and avoid saving on your main character.
I'm not sure but I thought I must point this out when you save Make 2 PERMANENT saves to keep from saving over one of your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment