Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why is my Skyrim game launcher taking a long time to load?

So, I have played Skyrim for a total of 24 hours. It was working fine yesterday. I opened up Steam, and went to my Library. Skyrim is the only game there, so I clicked play, and a pop-up popped up that read "Preparing to launch The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim..." Usually, it only takes a few seconds, before the game menu pops up. I've tried multiple times, but it always takes a really long time. So long, that I even read an entire chapter in a book, and the pop-up was still there.



What can I do to fix it?Why is my Skyrim game launcher taking a long time to load?
I think steam is having issues today. as I write this I can't launch anything either while in online mode and steam cloud syncing is failing....basically online communications with steam is causing launch to hang



since Skyrim is not multi-player based....you can try going into offline mode for steam then launch the game (steam tab -%26gt; go offline)

No comments:

Post a Comment