Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why is my Skyrim game doing this?

I have The Elder Scrolls V(5) Skyrim and I don't have internet at home so after going out and activating it with Steam I started playing using the TESV application located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim instead of the default SkyrimLauncher application in the same folder. This started the game without Steam and made it so I can play without internet. It worked fine for a while(from 11/11/11 till now) then one day when I clicked the TESV instead of launching Skyrim like before it opened Steam and after trying to update/log on it said "Steam cannot perform this operation in offline mode" and that was it. Skyrim wouldn't start without Steam being connected to the internet. When I am connected it works fine but since I don't have internet at home that doesn't really matter. What might have caused it is that when I was online the other day Steam downloaded a Skyrim update and the next time I tried to play is when it stopped working. Can I play Skyrim without the internet anymore? Or can I uninstall that update? Thanks!Why is my Skyrim game doing this?
Bro, same situation. What you can try though is going to your TESV.exe, right click, and see if you can get the previous version. rename the patched TESV version though so when you bring the unpatched one to your folder it wont overwrite. See if that works cause it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment