Sunday, March 4, 2012

Skyrim Question - What does it mean to play off the disc?

I was reading an article about the texture issues and what not and Im wondering what does it mean to play "off" the disc. It said in the statement



"We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disk and when the game is fully cached (not installed). Skyrim makes heavy use of the Xbox 360 caching system, and caches over the normal course of play while in menus or interiors. This cache can be wiped when other games are played or when the user manually removes it"Skyrim Question - What does it mean to play off the disc?
I've tried both options.



Personally, I didn't really see a visual difference. Look the same to me. The only thing I noticed when play off the disc is that the loading screens took at least 3 times longer. Not worth it.



This will get patched eventually. I'd rather have a smoother %26amp; faster loading game anyway. Besides, Skyrim's is still gorgeous even if the textures here and there are a little off. Honestly, I didn't even notice until you mentioned it.Skyrim Question - What does it mean to play off the disc?
It means to not install the game on to your hardrive cus it causes texture problems in the game. You should wait for the update on xbox live before u install it. But u can still play skyrim. I need to get this game badly.Skyrim Question - What does it mean to play off the disc?
if you don't install it to your hardrive then you will be playing it off the disk

No comments:

Post a Comment